The first generation
When the brothers Josef and Johannes Wulf founded the sprocket chain company, they laid the foundation stone for the successful development of the company into a leading international manufacturer of conveyor chains, drive chains and sprockets.
With its entry into the commercial register in 1937, KettenWulf reached another milestone, and in 1939 a General Partnership was founded with the name “Gelenkkettenfabrik Josef and Johannes Wulf Kückelheim ü./Meschede”.
The second generation
In the 1950s, the company specialised in the manufacture of bush-conveyor chains. At this time, 20 people worked for KettenWulf. Who would have thought then that a small factory for sprocket chains would one day blossom into an international company with production and sales locations around the world and over 1,400 employees?
At the beginning of the 1960s, a second factory was built in Kückelheim to seize the opportunity for growth. On the 1st of January 1963, Erich Wulf took over the shares in the company from his father, Johannes Wulf.
The third generation
On the 1st of July 1978, Günter Wulf, the son of Erich Wulf, joined the management team. Shortly afterwards, the company expanded its range with the production of chains for the escalator industry. As a result of this, the number of employees rose to 180.
Conveyor and drive technology in Germany, Austria and Poland
In 1986, Günter Wulf took over the company shares from his father, Erich Wulf, and continued the success story. The growth of the company continued with the founding of the KettenWulf GmbH Division Ferlacher Förderketten in Austria in 1990, as well as a sales office in Zielona Gora, Poland. With the takeover of GEKA in 1999, the KettenWulf Export Division was created in the north of Germany, which has handled overseas trade and marketed KettenWulf products around the world ever since.
Conveyor & drive technology: Worldwide from A to B
The company’s ultimately international focus quickly led to growth in market share worldwide. Uncompromisingly high quality, accompanied by continuous research and optimisation, became guarantees for success in the development of the company.
KettenWulf in France, Japan and China
In 2001, Kettenwulf acquired the company AFAM S.A. in France, in order to expand its motorcycle business. KettenWulf broadened its field of activity time and again in order to operate in new markets. One year later, KettenWulf founded the joint venture Hangzhou Wulf Chain Co.Ltd. in Hangzhou and thus paved the way for expansion into China.
The fourth generation
Julia Wulf, the daughter of Günter Wulf, joined the management team in 2003. In the same year, KettenWulf posted an annual turnover of €100 million for the first time. In the following year, the KettenWulf Group opened up further markets with the founding of a subsidiary in the USA, with its headquarters in Atlanta.
The KettenWulf group now employed 800 staff and turnover increased again, this time reaching €117 million. In the next few years, the Hangzhou Wulf Chain company was fully incorporated into the KettenWulf Group and the premises in China were expanded to increase productivity.
All good things come in threes
On the 1st of January 2009, Ansgar Wulf (the son and third child of Günter Wulf) joined the management team. KettenWulf continued to expand its international service and sales network and opened sales offices in India and Turkey on the 1st of July 2009.
More room for development
In 2011, the headquarters in Kückelheim were extended again; this time adding 450 m² of production space. In order to cope with the growing number of apprentices, KettenWulf expanded the on-site training centre. KettenWulf set an internal apprenticeship record when 26 new apprentices joined the company in 2012. These junior employees consisted of 5 commercial and 21 industrial-technical apprentices. KettenWulf is now proud to employ 67 apprentices.