During the company internal quality control material testers take samples of delivered materials and continually check the quality of ongoing production. These material samples are examined for their technological properties, chemical composition and potential material defects. Using various test methods specific material properties, such as tensile strength, deformability, robustness and hardness can be determined. Materials testers are responsible for the implementation, evaluation and documentation of these material examinations.
The successful training does not only require good knowledge of all natural science subjects but initiative and responsibility are equally important. To round off the practical training, trainees take part in various external professional development events.
Materials testers with a focus on metal technology
- test specified materials for internal and external defects
- carry out a cause analysis after a damage event
- check the uniform quality of products
- prepare materials and carry out microscopical examinations
- control the measuring instruments for production