Cutting machine operators are familiar with the production of turning and milling parts in individual, serial and mass production. They work with universal machine tools, computer-controlled CNC milling and turning machines, portal and bed milling machines, and surface and circular grinding machines. Their tasks include the planning of work processes, the setup and conversion of machines, the production of workpieces through machining in accordance with drawings and the control of the finished products for dimensional accuracy.
Technical comprehension and spatial awareness are not only a basic requirement for a successful training, but good school results in mathematics and natural science subjects are of equal importance.
Cutting machine operators
- evaluate and analyse production orders for technical feasibility
- select production systems specific for orders
- plan, control and optimise production processes
- produce components through machining in accordance with quality specifications
- work with the latest CNC-controlled machine tools
- apply the quality management system and document work results
- work as a team and instruct in the operation of production systems